Top ten reasons why I am ok with having had cancer
10. Found my voice through this blog.
9. Had lots and lots of time to read.
8. Made new friends and reconnected with old ones.
7. Learned about my body from the inside out.
6. Gained a new perspective on life.
5. Learned what it really means to be victorious.
4. Learned how to “be here now.”
3. Received a second chance to live the life the way I’ve always wanted to live.
2. Had lots of time to spend with my family.
And the number one reason why I am ok with having had cancer is…
1. I lived.
You are incredible! I can’t wait until you move to New York. I will babysit so you can have date night
We will definitely need a babysitter!
I hope that you have this list where you can see it each day. There’s wisdom there. It may have been a very “ugly” time, as you say, but your blog is beautiful, very honest and real. It’s life – the good, the bad, and the “ugly.” I’m glad you are doing well and hope you and your blood can be friends again. I’m a friend of your mom’s from the hospital here in Hartford.
WOW, Beautiful, succinct, and poignant!